Thursday 15 August 2013

4 weeks to the day until we return to the States. It's absolutely unbelievable. I'm pretty sure yesterday was August 1st and tomorrow may very well be Labor Day. It seems the nearer the end draws the faster the time goes... and the more we have to plan!

The Lemon-aid stand continues to generate lots of publicity for the Red Cross. We have been invited by Combat Stress to set up the Lemon-aid stand for a two-day Volleyball tournament next weekend, the 24th and 25th.  We have also been invited by the USO to set up the stand at the next Bagram's Got Talent Show on September 7th.  I am also in the midst of the whirl-wind prep for our Labor Day event which with any luck will be reminiscent of our 300 person Memorial Day bash.

In the meantime, I thought I would leave you with a funny story... this morning was our bi-weekly radio spot on the Armed Forces Network. I had arrived to the studio early and the host and I were enjoying ourselves before the show, singing to the music he was playing. In an unfortunate turn of events, it turned out the microphone I was sitting in front of had been turned on....while we were singing... and I ended serenading Stacey's Mom to the entire Middle East.

When our show started, the host opened with, "And that was Stacey's Mom by Fountains of Wayne, featuring our very own Michelle Risinger" ... ;-)
 

No comments: