Saturday 11 May 2013

So today has been a pretty great day. This morning when I got off shift, my team leader and I went over to the hospital and we did our first hospital visit. We visited with one servicemember in ICU who had a gunshot wound to his abdomen. We sat with him and held is hand and just tried to let him know he wasn't alone.

Then when we got back to the office we ran into the Lt Colonel who is in charge of the vet clinic for the entire Northern half of the country. He invited me to come back over to the hospital to sit in on a surgery of one of the working dogs but by this point it was after 10am and getting really close to bed time so disappointingly I had to pass.

Then after I sleeping during the day, I got back into the office for my shift at 9pm and the office was packed with troops here for a movie night. We also got to talk to a Sergeant Major whose son had just been selected in the NFL draft!

But the best news of the night was that my food service request for our Memorial Day BBQ was approved so we now have burgers and hot dogs and drinks and fruit salad approved for our event! To top everything off, I may have acquired a microphone for the Wednesday Health Education talks that we have been organizing for the Afghan women at the Korean Hospital. So pleased!!!

No comments: